Zoom H5 Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
R6,295.00 incl. VAT
The Zoom H5 Handy Recorder provides you with four tracks of portable recording power, letting you create professional 24-bit/96kHz recordings anywhere your creativity takes you. It comes standard with an XYH-5 XY microphone capsule, which you can swap out for other mics and input modules to fit any recording situation.
Availability: In stock
Two combo inputs, complete with onboard microphone preamps and switchable -20dB pads, let you connect anything from phantom-powered condenser microphones to extremely hot line-level sources. Top it off with onboard processing, stellar recording options, and the fact that it doubles as a USB audio interface, and you can imagine how useful the Zoom H5 Handy Recorder can be.
Swap out capsules to get the mics and I/O you need
For such a small, lightweight, and inexpensive portable device, the Zoom H5 Handy Recorder delivers a full set of professional-level I/O. First up, there’s the H5’s modular expansion port, which lets you connect the same amazing modular capsules Zoom introduced with the H6. You can read all about them in our Zoom Capsule Buying Guide. What’s more, the H5 comes with an XYH-5 capsule, which is an awesome shockmounted XY microphone that’s great for stereo recording. This capsule also includes an 1/8″ stereo input, but the H5 itself comes equipped with a pair of impressive combo jack inputs, each with its own volume dial and switchable -20dB pad. These inputs let you connect anything from phantom-powered condenser microphones to extremely hot line-level sources. And when it comes to monitoring, the H5 offers you both a line and a headphone output plus a built-in speaker.
Zoom H5 Handy Recorder Features:
- A versatile 4-in/2-out mobile recording system
- 2 XLR/TRS combination inputs with microphone preamps and phantom power (+12/+24/+48V) accommodate most analog connections
- Modular input connection lets you attach onboard microphones and additional input jacks
- Gain knobs for each input make setting levels fast and easy
- Shockmounted XYH-5 XY stereo microphone module included
- Captures audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz professional-grade resolution
- Doubles as a handy USB recording interface with your Mac, Windows PC, or iPad (via Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- Large LCD display makes navigation and setup extremely easy
- Built-in processing includes highpass filtering, compression, limiting, and M-S stereo width decoding
- Loop playback, variable playback speed (from 50% to 150%), and variable pitch per track make this an excellent practice tool
- Chromatic tuner and metronome built in for added convenience